Zenith Update Notes
As part of the game leaving Early Access, Stable Orbit will also receive a significant update. The update includes the following:
- Orbital Management: You will be required to strategically place – and fire – thruster modules in order to maintain a stable orbit of your station. For more casual players, an automatic mode is planned that will only require you to place thrusters to keep the station in orbit. However, if you want to increase the difficulty, you can turn this off and try to maintain orbit manually!
- Disasters & Events: A lot of things can go wrong in space. Meteor strikes, airlock failures, electrical fires and much more. This update will introduce various disasters and other events to increase the challenge of keeping a station in orbit!
- Advanced Truss Structures: New truss structures will enable you to build more complex stations. Additionally, gimbal modules enable parts of the station to spin and generate artificial gravity for your crew.
- Pressurized Mechanics: With this system, crew members will no longer be able to travel freely between pressurized modules (Quarters, labs, etc) that aren’t connected to each other. You will still be able to construct unconnected ‘islands’ of pressurized modules, but will need to add airlocks in order for crew to be able to travel from one set of modules to the next.
- Sandbox Mode: Sometimes you don’t want to follow the rules, worry about the crew, and just want to create the mother of all space stations. For those occasions, there’ll be a sandbox mode where you can build whatever you want.
Space is dangerous. Survival is a challenge.
Design, build and control your own space station. Mission command and control is in your hands and only careful planning and vigilant supervision will keep your crew and space station safe. Manage scarce resources, survive a multitude of disasters and fund your station’s growth by completing research projects.
Stable Orbit is a highly realistic space management simulation game. Set in 2034, an unprecedented ‘All Nations Space Coalition’ has been formed around a shared desire to rebuild mankind’s permanent presence in space. But space is a dangerous place. The only thing between survival and your crew suffocating, blood boiling and radiation overdose is the thin walls of the space station.
As Mission Controller, can your crew rely on you? As legendary NASA Flight Director Gene Kranz said: “failure is not an option”.
- Command a realistic space station subject to the laws of real astro-physics
- Enjoy a relaxing yet tense simulation game
- Manage your crew and very scarce resources
- Complete contracts to earn money and unlock new modules
- Build realistic and complex space structures with moving parts
- Fly over a detailed model of the earth
- Survive disasters, calamities and events
- Manage your station’s orbit
- Sandbox mode